The Dalles Lodge, No. 303 B.P.O.E. originally known as Cascade Lodge, No. 303, and under that name it was instituted at Cascade Locks on May 16th, 1895, at which time twelve members were initiated.
At this date the government was building the canal and locks at Cascade, and a large number of men were employed upon the works, and among them were Elks belonging to other lodges, and a special dispensation was obtained whereby a new lodge could be instituted. The lodge continued at Cascade Locks until the completion of the government work. During this period quite a number of members were initiated from The Dalles, going down to Cascade Locks at different times for that purpose. Upon the completion of the works at the Locks, it was the desire of the Cascade members as well as those who had joined from The Dalles, that the lodge be transferred to the latter place, and this was done on Feb. 29th, 1896, and from that time on No. 303 has been regularly held at The Dalles, Oregon.
We are in the same building as The Dalles Eagles Aerie #2126